- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Who we are
We control the ways your Personal Data is collected and the purposes for which your Personal Data is used by Simian, acting as the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable European data protection legislation.
If you have any concerns, or would like more detail about how we process your Personal Data, you can contact us using email@example.com.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Your Personal Data isn’t just protected by the quality, commitment and high standards of Simian, it’s also protected by law. The law states that we can only process your Personal Data when there is a genuine reason to do so and it must be one of the following:
- To fulfil any contract that we have with you;
- We have a legal obligation;
- Where you have consented to the processing;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When it is in the public interest;
- When it is in your vital interests.
When we have a business or commercial reason to process your Personal Data this is referred to as a legitimate interest. Your Personal Data is still protected, and we must not process it in a way that would be unfair to you or your interests.
If we do use legitimate interests as a reason to process your Personal Data we will tell you that we are doing so, what our legitimate interests are and provide you with a method to raise any questions or objections you may have. However, compelling grounds for processing such information may over-ride your right to object.
How long we keep your Personal Data
Whenever your data is kept by Simian we will ensure that it is appropriately protected and only used for acceptable purposes.
We will keep your data for the period that you are a customer of Simian, for as long as you have subscribed to our digital information subscription service.
If you are no longer a customer of Simian, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to comply with the purposes set out in this policy and relevant legal or regulatory obligations. Your Personal Data may be kept longer if we cannot delete it for technical reasons.
Why we process your Personal Data
If you choose not to provide your Personal Data it may prevent us from meeting legal obligations, fulfilling a contract, or performing services required to run your account. Not providing your Personal Data may mean we are unable to provide you with products or services.
The information and data about you which we may collect, use and process includes the following:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in paper forms and providing them to us or filling in forms on the Website or by any other electronic means;
- Records of correspondence, whether via the website, email, telephone or other means;
- Your responses to surveys or customer research that we carry out;
- Details of the transactions you carry out with us, whether via the website, telephone or other means;
- Details of your visits to the website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.Where it is reasonable for us to do so and not detrimental to your rights and freedoms, we also collect Personal Data from publicly available sources such as internet searches, Companies House, and broadcast media.
CCTV is used in our training and testing centres for security purposes. All CCTV is conspicuous in its location and is not ‘covert’. Signage is posted to advise of areas in which CCTV is located.
Telephone calls to and from our business are not recorded.
Personal Data we share with others
We may share your Personal Data with other organisations as part of our contractual obligations to provide a service to you and for other legitimate reasons. Your data will not be passed to third parties for marketing purposes. These organisations are:
- Organisations that introduce you to us
- Third parties you ask us (or permit us) to share your data with
- Third parties necessary to provide products or services which you have requested
- Law enforcement agencies, regulators and other authorities
- Credit reference agencies
- Identity verification agencies
Depending on the products you choose to use we may need to share your Personal Data with the third parties that provide those services. Where your Personal Data are transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we require that appropriate safeguards are in place.
Data Transfer Outside the EEA
We will only transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA where:
- You have given your explicit consent, or
- It is necessary for us to set up or fulfil a contract you have entered into with us; or
- To comply with a legal duty or obligation
If we do transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA, within the group or to our business partners, we will take measures to ensure it is protected to the same standards as it would be within the EEA by relying on one of the following:
- The country that is receiving your Personal Data has been found by the European Commission to offer the same level of protection as the EEA. More information can be found on the European Commission Justice website.
- We will use contracts that require the recipient to protect your Personal Data to the same standards as it would be within the EEA;
In some instances, we may be compelled by law to disclose your Personal Data to a third party and may have limited control over how it is protected by that party.
Your rights over your Personal Data
We will assist you if you choose to exercise any of your rights over your Personal Data, including:
- Withdrawing your previously granted consent; however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processing;
- Lodging a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority;
- Access to your Personal Data that we hold or process;
- Correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date;
- Erasure of any Personal Data that we process;
- Restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Asking us to provide you or another company you nominate with certain aspects of your Personal Data, often referred to as ‘the right to portability’;
- The ability to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our legitimate interests;
- The ability to contest a decision made entirely by automated processing, to express your point of view and to request that a human review the decision.
For more information on these rights you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We may update this policy from time-to-time, so please review it frequently.