Inspection and Use of Harnesses (half day)
A scaffolding training course with a focus on harness safety
Book this course–>
This scaffolding inspection and safety course is aimed at harness wearers and competent persons responsible for issuing and inspecting harnesses on a regular basis.
This scaffolding programme aims to:
- Provide general information and guidance in the general Use of Basic Personal Fall Protection Systems
- Cover the use of Basic Fall Protection Systems so that they may be used safely and maintained in good order
- Provide essential information and guidance for the management and supervision of work at height with regards to the appropriate use of Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- To ensure delegates demonstrate a fundamental understanding of both the Statutory Requirements and Established Safe Working Practice for the use of personal fall protection systems.
- Introduction and welcome
- Course aims and objectives
- Personal fall protection (principles & terminology)
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- British & European Standards
- Industry guidance
- Use of personal fall protection equipment:
- Lanyards (restraint & arrest)
- Inertia blocks
- Vertical systems
- Horizontal systems
- Rope access & work
- Positioning equipment.
- Inspection & maintenance
- Practical exercise (inspection, adjusting & donning)
- Test paper (theory)
- Summary & close.
A Certificate of Training will be issued to all those who complete this scaffolding course to a satisfactory standard.
Want to book an international course?
Speak to our International team on: 00971 (4) 338 7322
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The future of scaffolding worldwideFind out more
How is Simian International ensuring the safety of training delegates during the COVID-19 pandemic?Find out more >
Simian International partners with Qatar International Safety Centre (QISC)Find out more >
Important announcement with regards to Covid-19 (Coronavirus)Find out more
Simian International opens Trinidad scaffolding training centreFind out more
Qatari public health authority visits Simian’s Waltham Forest training centreFind out more >